A Voice when YOU need it most
What can an Advocate do?
Respect you and listen to you
- Help you understand information given to you
- Help you understand your rights
- Help you think through your choices
- Support you in finding information
- Help you have a say in decisions made about you
- Support you at meetings by helping you put your views across
- Help you to make complaints
What is an Advocate?
Someone who supports another person to make sure that their rights are respected and their views and wishes are heard at all times.
An advocate will not tell you what to do, but will help you to decide for yourself!
We will not repeat things that you tell us to anyone unless you say it is OK – except if you or another person is at risk.